Nicolas Lehmann, South African German artist, was born in 1970.
He explored the effects of heat and experimented with the possibilities of the age old craft of forging at an early age.
Since 1990, Lehmann traveled from Asia to Continental Europe.
Lehmann has worked across the globe on numerous projects from private estates to five star hotels, working hand in hand with foremost architects and designers. In pursuit of Art, Lehmann started in 1995 with his sculptural work. Inspired by nature, and people, Lehmann has never ceased to forge, twist, and shape forms and figurines. His material medium has varied from recycled steel to experimenting with glass, bronze and wood.
Visit www.forge.co.za for more.
- The Mailbox – The Westin Hotel – Cape Town August 2012
- Private Viewing – Gallery on Oaks December 2011 – February 2012 – Somerset West
- Close encounters – joint exhibition with Daniel Guerrier– The Forge – 14 April – 19 May 2011
- Uniting People – Travels – The Westin Hotel – Cape Town 4th April 2011- 4th June 2011
- Uniting People – Soccer World Cup – 14 June – 14 July 2010
- V&A, Cape Quarters, The Castle of Good Hope and the Montebello Design Center – Cape Town
- The Grand Daddy Flower Show Competition – The Grand Daddy Hotel Cape Town October 2009
- The Forge Gallery – Contemporary – Cape Quarters – Cape Town 2009-2010
- G2 Art Gallery – “Elements” Joint Exhibition – Cape Town September 200
- The Forge – Montebello Design Center – Cape Town 1997- 2012
- The Dorp Street Gallery – joint exhibition with Alma Vorster- 2001
- The Cap Estel, Cap D Ail, French Riviera, France
- Private Collection, Saint Paul de Vence, French Riviera, France
- Private Collection, Germany
- Private Collection, Austria
- Private Collection, Jordan
- Private Collection, China
- Private Collection, London, UK
- The Rockfellers, NY, USA